Wednesday 9 March 2011

Summit Pens

 
 
I am writing in the hope that you might be able to offer some advice or information for a project I currently have underway.

I know that in the grand scheme of things Summit Pens probably come a long way behind the Beatles, Liverpool FC, and shipping in Liverpool's successes, but it is the history of this famous Liverpool company (Summit / Curzon-Summit, etc) that I am currently seeking information on. I have many fine examples of their product, and have some details of the early history of the company. What I am struggling to find out is the development of the company name & why they disappeared so quickly shortly after WWII? (at a time when Conway Stewart, Parker, etc thrived).

Would you have any details, anyone with memories of working for the company, or any idea where I could find anything from job vacancies to company news items?

To clarify, my project is to develop a website primarily on the pens that were produced, but I was hoping to document something about the history & social background of the company. 
 
regards

Paul Martin
01932 825821 (w)
01932 240666 (h)

No comments:

Post a Comment